Thursday, February 13, 2020 to
Sunday, February 14th, 2020
Walnut Beach Resort
4200 Lakeshore Dr, Osoyoos, BC
- Resort is located at 4300 Lakeshore Dr. Go through the town of Osoyoos as if you were going to Grand Forks. Lakeshore Dr. is on your right past most of the business section. Turn right and the resort is just down the road about 1.3 km on your right.
- When you get to the resort, stop & check in first. Then you can park underneath and take the elevator to the first floor so you can unload your stuff. There are carts for your use in the parking lot. Let the staff know the name of your roommate.
- We are responsible for our own lunch and supper on Thursday and breakfast Friday and Saturday morning. All rooms have a nice little kitchen so you can fix something yourself or take a break and go out to eat.
- The retreat starts at 9:00am Thur. Feb. 13. We have Brunch on Sunday and can stay and work until about 4:00 if you like.
- Please bring just a little something for the goodies table. We have had lots in the past so don’t bring too much. Remember: they feed us very well. A few people could bring muffins, yogurt or fruit to share for breakfast. We can decide later who will bring what. Again, just enough for 2-3 people will be plenty for everyone. Coffee, tea and water is supplied as well as cups and glasses.
- Any liquor must be kept and consumed in your room. There will be a bar open at 4:00 p.m. where drinks can be purchased. Purchased drinks can be brought into the work room.
- If you plan to go to Princes, etc., remember to bring your passport. Try carpooling.
- Bring a bathing suit if you wish to go into the pool or hot tub. The pool is kept covered, to keep it warm, but they will remove the cover if you wish to swim. Terry housecoats are provided in your room. There is a small work-out room, steam room, sauna and showers on the main floor. A nice swim or a good soak makes for a nice break from quilting.
- Don’t forget all your gear including an extension cord if you have one, your machine cords and manual. The Resort provides irons, ironing boards and extension cords.
- Saturday evening will have a little event that includes a show and tell and a quilting game that could result in a quilt for community quilts! No additional things will be required for the game, just you and your skills.